Enjoy the awarded Mas Auro extra virgin olive oil with these recipes
Mushroom and ham toast
Ingredients (4 people)
8 slices of Iberian ham.500 gr. of mushrooms.1 garlic1 cayenne pepper.Sliced bread.
Peel and chop the garlic. We pour a drizzle of cooking extra virgin oil in a pan and fry it. Meanwhile, we wash and chop the mushrooms.When the garlic is golden, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. When the mushrooms are almost done, add the chilli and sauté them for a few more minutes.We cut the bread into thin slices and toast them.Now we move on to the assembly of the toast and for this we put a few tablespoons of mushrooms in each slice and surround them with a loach of Iberian ham.
For true avocado lovers.
Zucchini and avocado cream /soup
Ingredients for 4 people
2 medium avocados2 large or 3 medium zucchini1 large onion200 grams of Greek yogurt1/2 liter of broth (vegetable or chicken)Chopped fresh or dried gundilla (optional)Extra virgin olive oil Argudell ( to contrast with the vegetables)Salt and black pepper
1. Peel the onion and cut it into medium pieces. Cut the zucchini (without peeling it) and sauté both with 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes, until they start to be a little golden.
2. Add the broth and cook for another 5 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly tender but not mushy
.3. Add the peeled and quartered avocados, the yogurt, salt, pepper and a little oil and blend well. If you want a lighter texture, you can add a little water or more broth. If you want to drink hot, this is the time, adding the garnish that you want.
4. If you want to drink cold, let it cool down to room temperature and refrigerate for two or three hours. Serve with a little chilli on top or the garnish of your choice ( Iberian ham /walnuts / hazelnuts) Production: Mònica Escudero
Cheese and pepper with anchovy crumble
Ingredients for 6 people
200 g of goat cheese,150 ml of milk,350 g of yellow peppers,1/2 red hot pepper,1 tablespoon of cumin,black pepper,Mas auro extra virgin olive oil,Salt.Anchovy crumble:40 g of anchovies,40 g of wafers,40 g of crispy fried onion,fresh chives.
1. Cheese cream: Crush the crumbled cheese with the milk. Fill a few glasses and let it cool. Cream of peppers: Roast the peppers 30 min. until soft. Blend them, peeled and seedless, with the juice they have released. Add the hot pepper and cumin. Blend it with the Arbequina extra virgin olive oil until you get a light cream. Season it. Place this cream on the cheese and chill it in the fridge
.2. Crumble: Dry the anchovies. Crush the wafers, mix them with the onion and chopped anchovies.
3. Serve the glasses with the crumble. Decorate it with chives.
Ingredients: sliced smoked bacon, 2-3 thick slices of bread, 2 eggs, endive, lamb's lettuce, arugula, 2-3 tomatoes, salt, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar.
Step by Step:
In a frying pan, fry with the extra virgin olive oil the previously cut bacon slices until they are crisp.Once ready, and on the same pan, brown the slices of bread. Cut into small cubes.Poach the eggs in a saucepan with water, vinegar and salt. Reserve.In a salad bowl, mix the endive, arugula and lamb's lettuce. Add also the tomatoes cut into quarters.Add the bacon and the toasted bread cubes.Mix the Mas auro extra virgin olive oil with the vinegar and salt. Salad dressing.Serve with the poached egg on top