Skip to content
For the salad:
- 1/2 melon– 'Piel de Sapo' variety. Alternatively one Galia melon instead.
- 50 g Iberian ham
- 1/2 pomegranate – seeds only
- 1 Beetroot – shredded
- 1 small handful lettuce
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the basil oil:
- 25 g fresh basil
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- We start by making the basil oil. To do that, blanch the basil in boiling water for around 5 seconds. Take it out quickly and put it on ice cold water to interrupt the cooking immediately. Drain it and place it in a blender together with the Arbequina Escornalbou oil. Blend and reserve.
- Open the melon and seed it. If you own an ice cream scoop, scoop the melon in bite-sized balls as per the recipe picture above. Alternatively, peel the melon and cut it into cubes.
- Divide the melon scoops in between the different bowls. Decorate with some leaves of lamb's lettuce and spread the small slices of iberico ham.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of basil oil and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and the shredded beetroot. Season with pepper and serve.